Sunday, June 04, 2006

Am I an atheist? - My Metaphysical musings

Spirituality is omnipresent. Where ever we look into, we see spirituality. Right from a CAT/GRE RC passage to newspapers like Hindu/ET we read about spirituality. Most of us believe in some religion, existence of God and so on. I always wonder at these complex conundrums of being and so I would like to present my views on this and hence this post.

Axiom in my theory:
Energy can neither be created nor be destroyed. However it can be transformed from one form/being to another.

I classify energy into two types
1. Positive energy
2. Negative energy

I would associate positive energy with optimism and negative energy with pessimism.
So what is God? - Simply positive energy and nothing more than that. Importantly God is unconditional in his love. He (if there is a person as God) never puts anybody into task

Let me define optimism before delving further. According to me optimism is an extreme level of belief in something, which may be a person, an inanimate thing or whatever. Bhakti is nothing but belief/optimism/positive energy.

The immediate question is will God punish me if I do something wrong?

The sad answer is a big NO. Because there is no such thing/person called as God. I associate God with the sea of energy and nothing more.

It is only the fear (or negative energy which I call it) or the so called guilty consciousness which punishes the wrongdoers.

Osama Bin Laden is successful because, prolly he would have been very positive and satisfied with what he is doing, with no element of fear. His confidence level must be at the zenith. So he is not caught. If he feels guilty about his acts, then he would necessarily be jeopardized.

You might find it ridiculous but the hard fact is that, there is no definite discrimination between good and bad. What you might feel as good might be bad for another. But it is very difficult to do something wrong (as what most people perceive) without having fear or guilty consciousness, I would say it to be absolutely difficult. Can I reach that state? Yes, through meditation and practice we can attain nirvana where we are not bound to this earthly being, so it is said that such people can attain anything which they want. Who knows Osama might have attained nirvana! Lemme put the same info in a better manner. We know that as per Hindu mythology, there were innumerable Asuras who got boons from the God. At the end they were put to task by God himself. What does it mean? Asuras by means of concentration gained more energy. After getting that energy, they did something which we call devilish. They feared for their deeds and consequently faced death. On the other hand rishis used the energy they obtained by means of penance positively, lived contently and attained the real nirvana. Don’t see them as rishis and asuras, see them as two normal individuals who after getting energized used it in different ways and hence now called differently.

Hinduism very strongly says that God is there within you. What does it mean? Have you ever wondered? It is nothing but the positive energy within you. SO EVERYONE IS A GOD, just the degree of Godliness differs. There is a tamil saying, “Anbe Shivam”, which means that love is God.

Why religions portray the other way, saying that there is God and he will punish wrongdoers?

This was just said to convince the large masses that they should live with honesty, love, truthfulness failing which the God’ll punish. Just to convince the rural masses, puranas were created and different men were portrayed as God. I ain’t blindly denying that Vishnu existed or Shiva existed, but what I am trying to say is that great men of the yesteryears personified many concepts for the easy understanding the rural masses. You can’t make the meek understand all this metaphysics when even we in this 21st century still call it metaphysics and not physics. So the truth was put in an easily digestible manner.

Then why I’m praying to Hanuman or Shiva or Vishnu?

We people pray. I pray sincerely. What happens when we way pray? We completely put all our faith on the so called God and concentrate. In this process of concentrating we relieve ourselves of our mental ills. The real thing that happens is the process of energy transfer.

Is idol worship foolish?
DEFINITELY NOT. If you ask me how Vishnu or Shiva attained energy if basically you doubt the existence of them? When millions of devotees concentrate on the so called idol of Vishnu or Shiva, the energy of the idol increases. Poojas have been performed for centuries. So the idol gets its power. When you go to the temple and pray you gain that extra bit of energy by the process of energy transfer.

I am a serious devotee of Get-well Anjaneyar in Tirunelveli. It gives me a great mental peace if I go to that place. I feel really relieved from stress when I close my eyes and concentrate on HIM. I find my resonance with that place. It is nothing but science, or the wavelength match. I know that there is no person by that name. Just it is a scientific phenomenon.

What about greats like Vivekananda?
People like Vivekananda had the capacity to completely trap their inner energy by means of meditation. For them going to temple would not make a big difference. People like him are more Godly compared to us.

Can we become a great man like Vivekananda?

Certainly yes. But the bottom-line is that we must be 100% positive in whatever we do. The first and foremost mantra is that you must be confident of yourself and hence after no stopping you from the gates of success.

I’ll give you an example. Assume that you are very determined to get a 100 percentile in CAT. The first thing is that you must COMPLETELY believe in your potential. There must not be a speck of fear or doubt. Then certainly your inner God would automatically make you do the things which are required for you to get that 100 percentile -Just a scientific process. It might be very easy to say this but this is very difficult to implement. Allaying your fears off is the toughest thing in the world. That is the sole reason why we still live in this world. It is that fear which keeps you in check. The only way we can keep off our fear is to develop that attitude of optimism and self confidence. That is why time again in all scriptures importance of positive attitude is stressed. Getting rid of that last speck of pessimism is a Herculean task, but certainly possible. Examples are people like Vivekananda, Paramahamsa etc.

What is meant by reaching the God?

Every religion stresses the importance of reaching the God. What does it mean? Well I’d say that during your death all your energy will again be transferred to the sea of energy or what I call as God. It is as simple as that.

Why we follow certain religious practices?
Here I’d like to say that all religious practices are not true, some by means of superstition crept in, but many practices have a scientific background. For example, when we prostrate before our elders a process of energy transfer takes place and hence we prostrate.

See, the basic thing which I want to drive home is that everything in Hinduism at least, is science driven. Mahabharata and Ramayana are just not stories. They have many scientific intricacies. It is the way we see the truth. Truth is there everywhere. From now on when you do something think why you do that and try to put in science into it. You’ll get brilliant results.

P.S.
1. Here in this post, I couldn’t write my complete theory, which I fear, might go for pages. I have tried to simplify as much as possible. The sequences in this post might be desultory; well I’ll try to make this in a better presentable form sometime later. What I wanna say is that please don’t differentiate science and spirituality. They are one and the same. Please contact me for further queries on any religious practices or controversies. I might clarify.

2. We have scaled only a part of science. There are still many concepts of much more complexity than that of relativity which have to be explored. Now for many people metaphysics might sound ridiculous, but come on every great man was ridiculed when he came up with new ideas.

“Oh Physics! Preserve me from Metaphysics”- Sir Isaac Newton.

4 comments:

Senthil said...

Even i believe the same.. God is a store house of cosmic energy to b simple,cosmic batteries!! n prayers act as simple siphons. all these pujas n devotion recharges.. and when it goes below the threshold.. they do a major thing like a Kumbabishekam.. n one more thing the concept of inertia can b brought in the way to score 100 percentile.. you keep on thinking positively... n u ll not b able to come out of it so easilily.. n yeah.. Theaory of relativity rocks !! the good n bad differs for each individuality...

Anonymous said...

Hey this is a vry nice one...i totally agree with u..i see GOD in my action, thoughts...I also see GOD in all the wonderful people i admire. They act as an inspiration,source of confidence, n give me a lot of optimisim...n hey buddy ur theory on Osama rocks...nice insight...keep writing:)

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

Anonymous said...

i dont see god