Friday, June 30, 2006

How things can change in a year

Einstein is a genius. Well it might be a clichéd as it is a universally acclaimed fact but at times you personally cherish the great man’s work. Last year had been one of the fastest years in my life. I don’t know the reason but yes, the whole year for me had moved in a speed of at least 2X compared to that of the previous years. Coming to the point, I had the hostel re-admission process today for the forthcoming academic year. My previous year experience had really pissed me off.

Today I entered the place at 8:30 am. The things started on time. No waiting business or token crap. We were allowed inside at 8:30 sharp, given the apping forms and a soul was explaining how to fill the form with the help of an LCD projector. Then we moved on to the next room and the whole process of fee payment, room allotment and other stuff that took just a few tens of minutes. Another awesome aspect of this year’s admission process was that we were given the option of staying in the same room that we stayed in the previous year. I came out at 9:10 am. Goodness gracious, I didn’t have the problem of shifting the whole thing up to another block. What took nearly 13 hours last year just took 40 min this time? No kidding.


Coming to the bigger picture, why is this sudden change? Who revamped the whole crappy process? Well it was not a difficult thing to guess. We saw the same old faces but for one man, Dr Srinivas, the new Associate Warden of CEG. Man, he is smart as a whip compared to the other Profs who handle or manage such things. He led from the front and challenged the hostel admission history. Great work indeed!


What CEG has taught me over three years? If I have to say the answer as Electronics then prolly I am wrong. I know electronics concepts to a decent level but CEG has no business in it. Then what else? I should say CEG has taught me things that are big. It has taught me the way of life though the path that had never been not a bed of roses. It has taught me the hard way, the way to live and survive. It has taught me management (at most times how things shouldn’t be managed!). What I saw today was real management and the credit goes to the Associate warden. My words of advice to those people who are peeved in joining this college and lamenting about college doing nothing for them:

“There is a learning opportunity in everything, provided you keep your eyes open”

3 comments:

Sheks said...

New associate warden.Sounds exciting.Same rooms as in third year.This is fun.Saved the trouble of walking the extra mile(to the parallel road).

VAC said...

oh thts amazing man.. jus 40 mins!!! Kudos to the new Warden.. Wish the entire college administration had ppl like him...

Anonymous said...

dude sorry to comment her for d prev post.but stil i tht i shd do it.i just happenened to come thru this blog while googling.i dont get the funda by which u say reservations should b continued r rather increased.u no wat..??the main reason y the sc st guyz who hav equal resources as the so called upper caste guyz dont perform well is not because of these genes.its because of the thimiru that they can jus afford to scrape thru n stil get seats in coveted institutions while ppl lik u hav to struggle ur A** thruout to reach the same position.it doesn get over wid studies buddy.tday they ask for reservations in colleges.already they r doin it for private jobs.if it goes on lik tis there wil b a day when u becom ceo of som good company n wil b chucked out of an airplane coz half d seats der r booked for the scs and mbcs and watever.(remember gandhiji..??).mark my word such a day wil com if not in ur generation atleast 2 r 3generations.only ten wil some sense b knocked into ur muddled head.oh no but u and i would have been dead by then..:(.and this is no way empowerin these ppl.if it wer so i would b the first person to support it.its ruinin our country.all due to pseudobastardic politicians.stil v cant do anytin about it..so sad..:(