Friday, June 24, 2005

Understanding the real ME..

In my previous post I said that I felt life so boring and uninteresting.This feeling of listlessness made me read articles on spirituality.( I ve done this bfore n doing this again to understand the real ME)I d like to share certain things which I read and boy-o-boy believe me I m feeling rejuvenated within minutes of reading those things.
The concept of Self realization is really recondite.I have been reading extensively on self realization and yet I m not convinced with the diverse views of different people.Let me summarize what I did grok.I underscore the word grok here coz it is not mere understanding but understanding by means of experience.

The most intriguing stuff is the answer we give for the question
"Who am I??"
This was the question that enlightened Ramana Maharishi.One may wonder what is so intriguing in answering this question.One might say "Well I m an investment banker tied up with MorganStanley" the other might say "Well I m a VLSI Design engineer tied up with Texas Instruments,Dallas".These answers answer the Q pertaining to ur bodily being on this earth.Well as all of us know our body is evanescent,but the real soul is amaranthine.No more dappling the above point a very common fact which even a 15 year old boy would know after reading his curriculum.But the immediate question that would come up in our mind is abt LAD or Life After Death.We would be crazy for sometime after reading poems in the curricula and after sometime the thought slowly vanishes.....

So when u say that u are happy,what does that mean.?
Having a well paid Rs 18 lpa job,Rs 50 lakh apartment ,a Rs10 lakh car,split ACs all over in our house,????
I don't think so.That doesn't amount to continuous happiness.The real question is,
"How can I practically achieve this desire, to enjoy life to its fullest potential all the time, continuously?"
It is said, that where there is a will there is a way. When the body, mind and soul create together, in harmony, there is no limit to what we can experience. Our inner Being is the key to that experience and our mind is the key to the first step towards that experience.

True joy is experienced only when all aspects of me ourselves are in harmony with the desires of my Soul, because it knows all and its wishes are the best for us. I call my Soul or Spirit, the real me, it is eternal or timeless. Or it could be called, God's representative within me.

It is really unfortunate that we identify ourselves very much with our body and mind but discard the real wishes of our soul ,the deepest and best desires ,often.

Lemme tell u this.I m going to a party,sometimes I might feel unhappy tho'people are really hospital and good.There is no objective reason for this.Here i would like to stress that it is our own THOUGHTS that control our mood and when I control my thoughts I control my moods. When I think happy thoughts I am happy.

What we do not realize is that it is possible to become a Master of our own thoughts and eventually of our own life. It is not possible to become a Master of all our faculties without getting our own thoughts under our own control first.
Apropos quoting Wally here.
He says
"There is a Law that is called the Law of Attraction. Like attracts Like. Thoughts attract thoughts of their own kind. Quantity of particular thoughts produces corresponding feelings, moods and things. Thoughts are things.

We are what we believe ourselves to be, in our innermost being. We are the authors of our own life, Masters in it and not the victims as we so often choose to think of ourselves. Have you not noticed that we behave according to who we believe we are, in our deepest level of our being?

Most of us unconsciously defining and redefining our answer to the question; "Who I am?" And live our life according to that definition. Our every act is an act of self-definition, an announcement and a demonstration of who we are."

Coming back the thing I ve learned after reading a lot is put here in simple terms .
let's say, you were to ask for directions from many people on how to get to some place or how to enjoy life. Some may give you the right directions, others thought they were giving you the right directions but were not, and others may have lied. Out of the right directions, one of them would probably be easier to follow.

Then you might ask, "How would I know which one is the right and the easiest? And how would I know if you are not deceived yourself?"

Don't believe in anything. Not even what you read here. Have your own experiences....

Some quotes
Wally comments on this beautiful question.Read it....

"What is the truth?

Would you not agree with me, that the ultimate truth is:

1. Nothing in my world is real, if I see it as an illusion.
2. The meaning of everything is the meaning I give it.
Don’t I decide what something means to me?
3. I am who I say I am, and my experience is what I say it is.
Is there a better way to re-create myself anew?"


"We are convinced more by the arguments,
that we ourselves have discovered,
than by those, that have been produce for us by others."
- Pascal

"You cannot teach a man anything.
You can only help him
to discover it within himself."
- Galileo

I think I have made my point little clear in this post.I donno how much people can understand this.But this is what I have understood.I donno whether I m completely right.......Think Think great .Dream Dream great and u will be so..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Of Luck ....mate in the same boat ;)

Anonymous said...

Best Of Luck ....mate in the same boat ;)

Kartik Chandrasekharan said...

Thnks Feelingroovy By the bye whats ur good name